what is a Helper?

The Biblical Meaning of Helper

\

Let’s explore God’s vocabulary via a word study. What is the biblical meaning of helper?


Helper: Verse Chart

The following verses will show you what God means when He refers to helpers. As you read each verse, look to see who is identified as the helper. Notice also how the helper is described.
TEXT

Genesis 2:18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a HELPER suitable for him.   _____________
Genesis 2.20 And the man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a HELPER suitable for him.   _____________
Exodus 18:4 And the other [son of Moses and Zipporah] was named Eliezer, for he said “The God of my father was my HELP, and delivered me from the sword of Pharaoh.”   _____________
Deuteronomy 33:7 [Moses’ blessing to Judah] And this regarding Judah, so he said “Hear O Lord the voice of Judah, and bring him to his people. With his hand she contended for them, and mayest Thou be a HELP against his adversaries.”   _____________
Deuteronomy 33:26 There is none like the God of Jeshurun [Israel] Who rides the heavens to your HELP, and through the skies in His majesty.   _____________
Deuteronomy 33:29 Blessed are you, O Israel; Who is like you, a people saved by the Lord, Who is the shield of your HELP, and the sword of your majesty! So your enemies shall cringe before you, and you shall tread upon their high places.   _____________
Psalms 20:2 May He send you HELP from the sanctuary and support you from Zion!   _____________
Psalms 33:20 Our soul waits for the Lord; He is our HELP and our shield. [v. 21 For our heart rejoices in Him because we trust in His holy name.]   _____________
Psalms 70:5 But I am afflicted and needy; hasten to me, O God! Thou art my HELP and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay.   _____________
Psalms 89:19 Once Thou didst speak in vision to Thy godly ones and didst say “I have given HELP to one who is mighty. I have exalted one chosen from the people.”   _____________
Psalms 115:9-11 O Israel, trust in the Lord. He is their HELP and their shield. 10 O house of Aaron, trust in the Lord He is their HELP and their shield. 11 You who fear the Lord, trust in the Lord; He is their HELP and their shield.   _____________
Psalms 121:1-2 I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from whence shall my HELP come? 2 My HELP comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.   _____________
Psalms 124:8 Our HELP is in the name of the Lord; Who made heaven and earth.   _____________
Psalms 146:5 How blessed is he whose HELP is the God of Jacob, Whose hope is in the Lord his God;   _____________
Isaiah 30:5 Everyone will be ashamed because of a people who cannot profit them, Who are not for HELP or profit, but for shame and also for reproach.   _____________
Ezekiel 12:14 And I shall scatter to every wind all who are around him [the prince of a rebellious house], his HELPERS and all his troops, and I shall draw out a sword after them.   _____________
Daniel 11:34 Now when they [those who have insight] fall they will be granted a little HELP and many will join with them in hypocrisy.   _____________
Hebrews 13:6 so that we confidently say, “The Lord is my HELPER, I will not be afraid. What shall man do to me?”
   _____________




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goodness of GOD - Bisaya Version (Originally translated by Nurlyn Elli)

What a BEAUTIFUL NAME IT IS /BISAYA VERSION by hillsong

Hesus Ikaw Ang Sentro (Bisaya Version of JESUS be the Center)